Thursday, March 10, 2005

Return On Investment

Bought myself a Polar A3 Heart Rate Monitor last Saturday, $140. Also, been going swimming, $5, and for the HRM to be held underwater properly I got myself a rash shirt, $45. Still sticking with squash each Sunday, $4.5, but needed a racquet, $30. Jogging is going well especially with my Manchester United 3rd Shirt 2003/05, $60, and Fila running shoes, $33.

Having a healthy diet: I don't mind. Seeing the notches on my belt run out: comforting. Not panting like a dog on a hot day whenever I walk upstairs: could be useful. Kicking Hollands ass: priceless motivation.

(So, the theory is to keep the heart rate at about 114-135 BPM. This is the ideal fat burning pace as the body has enough oxygen to burn the fat and not the carbs. Also, it does not force you to go too hard and hence continue exercising.)

No comments: